Sunday 16 February 2014

WeBS at Tamar Lakes

Golden Plover - Upper Tamar Lake
My day to do the Tamar Lakes Wetland Birds Survey.  I swore I would never do it on a Sunday again due to joggers, dog-walkers, model sailing boats etc.  But, it has forecast more weather again tomorrow so I bit the bullet but went a little earlier.

I saw all my usual birds, but a total of 14 Cormorant on Upper Tamar Lake is a big number.

Nuthatch - Lower Tamar Lake
The mixed flock of Lapwing and Golden Plover were as welcome and spectacular as ever and still 17 Goosander of both sexes still there too.  Dare we hope for breeding?

At the Lower Lake there were even more Goosander – 41 in total.

The stars of the show were the birds taking advantage of the feeders placed near the Bird Hide thoug – with a female Great Spotted Woodpecker, Marsh Tit and Nuthatch all photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you do like and what you would like to see.